Extra support when you need it
If you’re in the need of extra support with your energy supply Snowdrop is here to help.
If you feel ‘vulnerable’ because of age, chronic illness, disability or personal circumstances you can apply for Priority Services (PSR).
For example, you could apply if you’re:
- visually-impaired or have hearing difficulties
- of state-pensionable age
- disabled or struggling with mobility issues
- chronically sick
- medically dependant
- suffering from mental health issue or there are behavioural concerns
- in supported living
- living with children under 5
- suffering from serious short-term illness or injury
- critically dependent on your energy supply, we can make sure you get longer notice than usual if it needs to be turned off
- have other specific requirements
These services don’t just apply to long-term conditions; we can help with temporary situations too. For example, if you have broken your leg and struggling to top; are staying in hospital for a week or two and need some help with a bill, or if you’re dealing with mental health issues such as depression or anxiety and you just need a little extra support for a few months.
Do you depend on your energy?
You should also apply if you depend on electricity to keep any of these running in your home:
- Kidney dialysis machine
- Heart/lung machine
- Oxygen concentrator
- Apnoea monitor
- Bath hoist
- Stair lift
You’ll be asked if you’d like to be added to the register when you join. If you already have an account with us you can fill out the form here <PSR form> or give us a call on 0330 053 9390 and speak to a member of our team who’ll be able to run through it with you.
Our Priority Services Register is a way of ensuring we’re helping any customers who:
- Need to be supported in a particular way.
- Need tailored communications.
- Would struggle to maintain their well-being if they lost their energy supply.
- This helps us make certain we’re treating every customer as fairly as possible.
These services are completely free and confidential, and mean that you’ll always get the help you need, particularly in an emergency.
When you are on the PSR you can take advantage of our Priority Services designed to make your life easier. You can:
- Nominate someone to take care of your account for you. We will send your nominated person your statements, as long as they agree to receive them
- We can install a smart meter free of charge if you are unable to read your meter yourself
- We can provide monthly manual meter reads if no person occupying the premises is able to read the meter
- If you are concerned about your security, you can set a pass phrase for our representatives to use to identify themselves (they will always wear an identity card as well)
- If your well-being is critically dependent on your energy supply, we can make sure you get longer notice than usual if it needs to be turned off and make your address a priority in an emergency
- If you are having trouble reading your statements for any reason, contact us and we will assist you
- You can request letters or bills to be sent in accessible formats such as braille or large print, where needed.
Can I apply for Priority Services Register on behalf of someone else?
If you’re a carer for, or a friend or relation of a Snowdrop customer who you believe should be on the Priority Services Register you can apply on their behalf if they’ve made you a nominated person on their account and authorised you to contact us on their behalf.
They could qualify to be on the Register if they have dementia or learning difficulties, if they’re confused, if they speak very little English (or none), or if they meet any of the criteria in the section above.